October 31 2006
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: ad 'Yellow-legged' Gull present between 08.30hrs and 10.23hrs at least (mainly on Longwater and associated posts but occasionally mobile and flying toward the Serpentine), also 30 Cormorant, 87 Mute Swan, 327 Greylag Goose, 100 Mallard, 156 Coot and escaped Black Swan and m Wood Duck (Des McKenzie, John Archer).
- Paddington Green: 8 Redwing south at 07.27hrs (Des McKenzie).
- Walthamstow Res: 2 Egyptian Geese, 4 Wigeon (David Callahan).
- Alexandra Palace: Siskin over at 8:00, also a late Clouded Yellow, which landed in scrub area near playing field to shelter from wind and sun itself (Andrew Gardener)4 Redwing, Meadow Pipit (Bob Watts).
- QE2 Res: First returning Goosander + 1 Goldeneye (Dave Harris,Steve Spooner).
October 30 2006
- Ravenscourt Park: 100+ Redwing W (Neil Anderson).
- Tottenham Marshes: 10-15 Ring-necked Parakeets mobbing a immature Peregrine (Peter Lambert). Pair Stonechat pm (David Callahan).
- Chafford Hundred: c250 Wood Pigeon south in 5 minutes and 6 Skylarks am and 15 Redwing over in five minutes after dark (David Darrell-Lambert).
- Walthamstow Res: 3 Skylarks (N), 4 Mipits (S), 2 Jackdaws, 3 Wigeon, Linnet (David Callahan).
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: Little Grebe, 28 Cormorant, escaped Black Swan, 2 Egyptian Goose, 2 Shoveler, ad m Sparrowhawk, 11 Common Gull, 366 Woodpigeon S/SW, Green Woodpecker, 2 Great Spotted Woodpecker, Skylark W at 08.37hrs, 47 Fieldfare W at 08.34hrs, 5 Song Thrush, 2 Goldcrest, 15 Greenfinch, 3 Goldfinch, c500 Starling and a single Red Admiral (Des McKenzie).
- Vauxhall: 500+ Woodpigeon SW at 07.25hrs (Nick Tanner per DMc).
- Seen from Streatham, but predominately flying beyond Croydon: c4200 Woodpigeons SW between 7.45 and 8.15 (Peter Newmark).
- London Wetland Centre: 1 Merlin NW high, 1 Bearded Tit flew NW out of Reedbed, leaving at least one other in the reeds calling, also 47 Redwing W, 700 Starling W, 3 Fieldfare W, 11,700 Woodpigeon South, 120 Chaffinch W, 8 Skylark W, 16 Meadow Pipit S, and 6 Brambling on the site (DM).
- Regents Park: 1 Jack Snipe was flushed from a ditch at 3.30pm, 1 Water Rail present for over a week, 1 Woodlark low W at 11.20am, 1 Snipe may have dropped in at 7.50am, 16 Fieldfare, 110 Redwings, 2 Song Thrushes, 14 Meadow Pipits, 2 Grey Wagtails, 4 Pied Wagtails, 5 Collared Doves(1 group), 900 Wood Pigeons, 2 Siskins, 60+ Greenfinches, 120 Chaffinches, 12 Goldfinches, 315 Starlings, 16 Jackdaws and 1 Scan Herring Gull(Tony Duckett).
- Alexandra Park: Brambling n @ 0820, 65 Jackdaws (all bar a few n), 3 Fieldfare w, Skylark n, 3 Stock Doves, c 40 Redwing mostly n, c200 Woodpigeon s (Bob Watts, Dominic Mitchell, James Oates).
- Wormwood Scrubs: c2,000 Woodpigeons over in 40 minutes, 3 Stonechat & 1 Jackdaw. (Roy Nuttall).
- Westbourne Grove W2: c50 Fieldfare over (David Lindo).
October 29 2006
- Gunpowder Park, Sewardstone: pair of Stonechat, Snipe, Grey Wagtail, Chiffchaff (Martin Shepherd).
- Bedfont Lakes Country Park: probable Lapland Bunting flew over from the general direction of Staines Moor. Flight call heard twice around 09.15-09.30. Also 400+ Parakeets over 06.30-07.00 (Adam Cheeseman).
- Totteridge Valley: 1 Buzzard drifted SE at 10am; plus Skylark, Kingfisher, Blackcap, Linnet, 4 Ring-necked Parakeets, c400 Woodpigeons, Red Admiral. Also 80+ Harlequin Ladybirds seeking hibernation spots in and around 2 houses in Woodside Park (probably hundreds more nearby) (John Colmans/Ian Ellis).
- Staines Moor: Lapland Bunting at 0855hrs, seen flying between hawthorns and heard calling; scoped once perched up in bush, but then flew and not relocated; area then became very disturbed by dog-walkers and motorbikers (Rob Innes).
- Alexandra Park: Stonechat male still football pitch perimeter, 11 Jackdaws, 5 Skylarks, 1 Siskin, 9 Redwing, 10 Mipits, 9 Gadwall, c150 Woodpigeon, 3 Red Admirals, sev Common Darter, Hawker sp (Bob Watts, Andrew Gardener, Gareth Richards, Stuart Harrington).
- Stoke Newington Reservoirs: Water Rail, 10 Jackdaw (w), 30 Redwing (w), 4 Mipit (se), 20 Chaffinch (n), Ring-necked Parakeet (Laurence Pitcher).
- Lake Farm CP: c1,460 Woodpigeons SW 0635-0745GMT, also 35 Redwings W, 27 Chaffinches and 3 Sparrowhawks over (Peter Naylor).
- London Wetland Centre: 16,700 Woodpigeons South, 15 Redwing NW, 98 Chaffinch West, 30 Greenfinch West, 5 Skylark West, 10 Mipit South, 3 Pintail Main Lake, male Peregrine over, 2 Scandi Rock Pipits Wader Scrape and 2 Stonechat (RG,RK,DM).
- Paddington Green: Fieldfare SE 15.45hrs (Des Mckenzie).
- Battersea Power Station: 420 Wood Pigeons S/SE 06.30-8.00am also 2 Grey Wagtails (Dave Morrison).
- Barking Outfall: 5 Redshank, 2 Shelduck, 2 Rock Pipits, 187 Teal, Red Admiral and Hawker sp. (Dave Morrison).
- West Thurrock: Wheatear, Stonechat, Little Egret, 46 Redshank, 2 Dunlin, Rock Pipit and a Clouded Yellow (Dave Morrison).
- St.Katharine Pier (by Tower Bridge): 1 adult Yellow-legged Gull 14.30. It or another c200m downstream from there (on south side of the river) at 16.30 (Jonathan Dean).
- Wormwood Scrubs: c10,000 Woodpigeon over, c70 Redwing, 2 Jackdaw & 1 Stonechat (Roy Nuttall).
- North Greenwich (Thames Path late afternoon): 13 Mipits, 2 Reed Buntings, Sparrowhawk, Peregrine, Kingfisher (Stuart Harrington).
October 28 2006
- Holyfield Hall Farm: 3 Common Buzzard, pair of Stonechat, Little Owl, Yellowhammer (Martin Shepherd).
- Alexandra Park: Stonechat (male) still perimeter football pitches, 8 Siskin ne 0812, 6 Meadow Pipits, 9 Redwing west (Bob Watts, Gareth Richards, Andrew Gardener, John Murray, Stuart).
- Finsbury Park: boating lake records - 9 Shovelers (first of winter), 3 Cormorants, 1 Little Grebe (Ian Bradshaw).
- Isle of Dogs, east of Slipway at Glenaffric Avenue: 1 first-winter gull sp. which showed characteristics of Baltic Gull (Larus fuscus fuscus) - obviously not 100% but looked a good candidate. Also 1 adult Yellow-legged Gull, 6 Ring-necked Parakeet, 2 Skylark east, 2 Meadow Pipit. No sign of Ring-billed Gull :( (Jonathan Dean). Also 1 juv/1w Yellow-legged Gull (Nick Tanner per DMc).
- Rainham Marshes RSPB: Kingfisher, 250 Wigeon, Chiffchaff, 4 Pintail, 19 Black Tailed Godwit, 3 Snipe, 3 Curlew, 9 Stonechat, 2 Water Pipits, 4 Rock Pipits, 2 Ring Necked Parakeets, Ring Ouzel, 67 Redshank, Greenshank, 4 Redwing and 6 Fieldfare.(RSPB)
- London Wetland Centre: 1 Tree Sparrow Main Lake, 4 Scandanavian Rock Pipit Main Lake and 28 Redwing West (RK, MRH)
- Horsenden Hill: 1 female Hen Harrier high south @ 12.30, Woodcock 2 flushed at dawn flew off west, Redwing 24 west, Fieldfare 7 west.(Nick Senior)
October 27 2006
- King George V Reservoir: Black-necked Grebe, f. Stonechat, 18 Linnet, 25 Meadow Pipit, Green Sandpiper, 2 Common Sandpiper. Also 35 Red Admiral heading south between 11.25 and 12.35. A10, Cheshunt: 15 Golden Plover in flight (Martin Shepherd).
- Fishers Green: 2 Red-crested Pochards on flood relief channel, 2 Buzzards circling, Peregrine over the Goosefeilds, 2 Brambling over, 3 Egyption Geese. Also had brief and distance veiws a group of c20 Grey Geese flyover over, looked to small and 'light' for Greylags, possible White-fronts? (Chris & Pete Langsdon)
- Tottenham Marshes: 2 Stonechat; also 3 Red Admirals, a Darter sp. and Redhot Pokers in bloom! (David Callahan).
- Alexandra Park: 1 Stonechat (m) flew into cricket scrub @ 8.15am, also 4 Siskin, 1 Redpoll, 80 Redwing & Jackdaw west (J. Murray).
- Stoke Newington Reservoirs: 2 Yellowhammers (1 ad. male), 1 ad. Scand. Herring Gull, 27 Shoveler; vis mig, 0730-1000: 1 Rook (southwest with a flock of 32 Jackdaws), 2210 Woodpigeons, 8 Siskins, 22 Bramblings, 77 Jackdaws, 3 Fieldfares, 67 Redwings, 3 Skylarks, 1 Rock Pipit, 19 Meadow Pipits, 7 Reed Buntings, 170 Starlings, 7 Stock Doves, 20+ Collared Doves (inc. flock of 13 west), 25 Greenfinch, 32 Carrion Crows (Mark Pearson).
- Walthamstow Res: Black-necked Grebe on E Warwick, 2 Ring-necked Parakeets SW over Lockwood, fem Blackcap no3, 2 Com Sands, 2 Mipits, 8 Wigeon, ad Great Black-back, 2 Linnets, 3 Stock Doves, 400+ Woodpigeons, mostly leaving roost on no1 island (David Callahan).
- Leyton: viz. mig. (08:00-08:45) All West; 83 Woodpigeon, 30 Chaffinch, 72 Redwing, 10 Jackdaw, 1 Meadow Pipit, 1 Lesser Redpoll (South), 6 Greenfinch, 8 Goldfinch (Paul Whiteman).
- St James's Park: viz-mig (08.00-08.30): 277 Woodpigeons & 1 Lesser Redpoll (Andrew Self).
- South Norwood Lake: 100+ Black-headed Gulls, 4-5 Cormorants, 4-6 Ring-necked Parakeets, 2 Egyptian Geese. Observer?
- Lake Farm CP:1,300 Woodpigeons, 63 Redwings, 2 Fieldfares, 30 Chaffinches, 11 Meadow Pipits, 7 Pied Wagtails, 8 Jackdaws, 2 Stonechats, 1 Chiffchaff also 4 Red Admirals, Comma and Small White (Peter Naylor).
- Fairlop Waters: 400+ Woodpigeons & 100+ Jackdaws flying over, 5 Skylarks, Green Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 Kestrels, 3 Reed Buntings, 2 Little Grebes, 3 Great Crested Grebes, 3 Gadwall and a Red Admiral (Brendan Spooner).
- London Wetland Centre: 16,000 Woodpigeon South, 1 Merlin low West, 1 Woodlark South. (RK,DM,RG)
October 26 2006
- Enfield Lock: c30 Redwing west over house just before dusk (Martin Shepherd).
- Cannonhill Common: 5 Redwings W 17.00 (JAD)
- Tottenham Marshes: 1980 Redwings SW (Peter Lambert).
- Chafford Hundred: 7 Redwing over this morning after a heavy passage last night after dusk (David Darrell-Lambert).
- St James's Park: 212 Woodpigeons & 53 Redwings over prior to 08.30 (Andrew Self).
- Green Park: 10 Redwings over at 08.00 (Andrew Self).
- Seven Kings Park: 117+ Redwings flying over in small parties between 8.00- 9.15am (Brendan Spooner).
- London Wetland Centre: 16 Brambling flew west (Birdguides).
- Abney Park Cemetery (Stoke N'ton): Ring-necked Parakeet - oh great...(Mark Pearson).
- Lake Farm CP, Hayes: (0810-1015) Redwing 561 W or SW, Woodpigeon 94, Chaffinch 42, Skylark 6, Mipit 6, Jackdaw 2, Parakeet 2 (Peter Naylor).
- Abridge: 60 Redwing W, 17 Fieldfare NNW, 30 Goldfinch S, Goldcrest, Grey Wagtail, 2 Red Admirals and a Common Darter (Dave Morrison).
- Trent Park Area: Brambling, 100 Redwing, 12 Skylark, Fieldfare (per Robert Callf).
- Alexandra Park: 282 Redwing north 0730-0815, 2 Meadow Pipit (Bob Watts).
London Wetland Centre: 1 Merlin West, 893 Chaffinch W, 590 Redwing W, 3 Fieldfare W, 8 Lesser Redpoll SW (RK, RG)
October 25 2006
- Green Lane Recreation Ground (Berrylands): large unidentified pipit flushed at c16.45hrs but unfortunately not vocal, flew off east (Nick Tanner).
- Stoke Newington Reservoirs: 2 Tree Sparrow, ad. Yellow-legged Gull, 2 Rock Pipits; very impressive visible migration early - see www.stokenewingtonbirds.blogspot.com for counts (Mark Pearson).
- Horsenden Hill: Morning vis. mig.1418 Woodpigeon south, 1 S.E.Owl south, 18 Skylark south, Song Thrush 8 south & 18 grounded, Mistle Thrush 4 south, Redwing 38 south & c. 60 grounded, Fieldfare 3 south, Brambling 4 south, Lesser redpoll 6 south (Nick Senior).
- Abridge:700 Wood Pigeon SSWest, 30 Meadow Pipits South (Dave Morrison).
- Alexandra Park: 25 Redwing west 0730-0810, 9 Goldfinches ne (Bob Watts).
- London Wetland Centre:1 Hawfinch low NW calling and 1 Woodlark high Southwest.
October 24 2006
- Walthamstow Marshes: 1 Stonechat, 2 Skylarks, 2 Jackdaws, 2 Redwings, 17 Linnets, 35 Goldfinches, 1 Siskin, 9 Meadow Pipits, 1 Grey Wagtail, 27 Pied Wagtails, 2 Kestrels; also 4 Red Admirals (Mark Pearson)
- Waterworks NR: 16 Teal, 2 Shoveler, 3 Little Grebe, 2 Siskin, 9 Goldcrest, 1 Meadow Pipit; also Clouded Yellow showing well by main hide, and 12 Red Admirals (Mark Pearson)... 2200-2300hrs (Stoke Newington) - Redwings presently streaming over (MJP)
- Queen Elizabeth II Res: 3 adult White-fronted Geese this pm on the water with 21 Greylags. Flew off south (probably to roost at Claremont Lake, Esher). Presumably a cold weather movement....(Dave Harris)
- Alexandra Park: GBB Gull adult 1715-1730 (only 2nd for year), R N Parakeet, Chiffchaff (Bob Watts).
October 23 2006
- Isle of Dogs: adult Ring-billed Gull on R.Thames c.50m east of slipway at the end of Glen Affric Avenue at TQ387785 at 10:45 plus 14 Monk Parakeet and Great Spotted Woodpecker at Mudchute Farm and 3 Redshank and 5 Common Sandpiper at nearby Leamouth (Nick Tanner per DMc).
- Springfield Park, Hackney: Juv/1W Yellow-legged Gull with Bhgs, Lbbgs and Can Geese on playing fields by River Lea, 0725am (David Callahan).
- Walthamstow Res: South side - 3 Redwings, 5 Goldcrests, 14 Wigeon, 3 Com Sands, 131 Shoveler, 18 Teal, 3 Linnet, 2 Mipit (David Callahan).
- East India Dock: Kingfisher, 3 Little Grebe, 20+ Teal, 30+ Mallard, Kestrel, 2 Peregrine on Millenium Dome (Richard Harrison).
- Staines Res: 7 Black-necked Grebe, 1 Goldeneye, 1 Rock Pipit, 1 Wheatear (Ken Purdey).
- South Norwood Lake, Croydon: 2 Egyptian Geese feeding on grass - probably same pair that was present at the beginning of the year. (Ernie Thomason)
- London Wetland Centre: 42 Brambling NW mostly, 4 Mealy Redpoll, 2 Lesser Redpoll, 2 Siskin, 1 Rook, 1 Water Pipit, 2+ Rock Pipit, 7 Redwing. (Nick Senior)
- Fairlop Waters :Short-eared Owl mobbed by Carrion Crow ,Grey Wagtail,Sparrowhawk ,Kestrel,2 Green Woodpeckers,Great Spotted Woodpecker,34+Teal,30+Coots and a few Red Admiral butterflies. (Brendan Spooner)
October 22 2006
- Totteridge Valley: 7 Golden Plover south at 09:30, also Blackcap, Skylark, Siskin and 60+ Redwings (Ian Ellis/John Colmans).
- Paddington Green: 17 Chaffinch NE 14.00hrs (Des McKenzie)
- Alexandra Park: 1st W Black Redstart around filter beds; also 1 Redpoll & 2 Meadow Pipits over (J.Murray). Also another Redpoll, 3 Meadow pipits + record count in recent years of 40+ Cormorants (Bob Watts).
- Rainham RSPB: 2 Kingfishers, Chiffchaff, 212 Wigeon, 5 Snipe, 5 Black-tailed Godwits, 2 Green Sandpipers, Grey Plover, 4 Curlew, Red Legged Partridge, 5 Pintail, Redwing, 4 Redshank, 2 Rock Pipits and Little Egret (RSPB); plus 2 Ring Ouzels, Wheatear, 9 Stonechat and Water Pipit (Paul Hawkins).
- Waddon Ponds, Croydon: 1 Black Swan still present along with long staying Male Red crested Pochard. (Ernie Thomason)
October 21 2006
- Holyfield Hall Farm: f. Stonechat, 8 Stock Dove, 3 Red-legged Partridge, 100+ Pied Wagtail (Martin Shepherd).
- Brent Res: Brambling, 2 Siskin & 5 Jackdaw over (Andrew Self & Andrew Verrall).
- Alexandra Park: 1st W Black Redstart (Gareth Richards, Bob Watts, Andrew Gardner)).
- London Wetland Centre: 80 Wigeon arrived, 2 Pintail high SW, 114 Gadwall, 143 Teal, 122 Shoveler, 1 Barnacle Goose, 14 Water Rail, 16 Snipe, 1 Yellow Legged Gull (ad), 6 Skylark W, 14 Mipit S, 4 GreyWag SW, 1 Reed Warbler in Reedbed, 8 Chiffchaff, 1 Blackcap, 106 Goldfinch SW, 30 Greenfinch sw, 1 Brambling SW, 58 Linnet W, 2 Siskin SW, 18 Redwing SW, 40 Song Thrush, 13 Goldcrest, 9 Reed Bunting SW +10 on site. 8 Jackdaw and 2 Stonechat on Marsh (Dan Monk)
October 20 2006
- King George's Res: North Basin: 1 Black-necked Grebe, 2 Green Sand. (Paul Cook).
- Queen Mary Res: Great Skua in middle of res but flew off (DM per PN). Any time component for this?
- Brent Res: Rock Pipit over at 12.25, also Clouded Yellow (Andrew Self).
- Walthamstow Marshes: 1800pm pair Stonechat by R. Lea (David Callahan).
- Hackney Marshes: (R. Lea side) 80 Teal, Chiffchaff, 2 Treecreepers, 4 Goldcrests, 2 Little Grebe, 2 Kingfishers (David Callahan).
- Tottenham Marshes: 0900 fem Pheasant (David Callahan).
- East Dulwich: 4 House Martins South (Steven Robinson).
October 19 2006
- Adpar Street W2: Chiffchaff with tit flock (Des McKenzie).
- Walthamstow Marshes: 1 Stonechat, c20 Meadow Pipits, 2 Reed Buntings, 25 Goldfinches; also unID'ed wader north towards Walth. Res.'s, looked good for Ringed Plover (but too brief and distant) (Mark Pearson)
- Barkingside: A woodcock flying south over the Barnardo's campus, in a break in the rain, at 11.30am.(Mark Lee)
- Alexandra Park: 9 Little Grebes - 7 Tunnel Res, 1 main res(Bob Watts).
October 18 2006
- Wormwood Scrubs: 1 Ring Ouzel briefly before flying off south & 1 Chiffchaff (Roy Nuttall).
- Walthamstow Res: south side - fem & 1st w Stonechat, 2 Egyptian Geese (both have BMNH rings on their right legs, one bird with pale head), 3 Com Sands, 1w GbbGull, 3 Chiffchaffs (David Callahan).
- Staines Res: 7 Black-necked Grebe - north basin (Ken Purdey).
- Trent Park: 1 Stonechat (m),4 Song Thrush,Kingfisher,Shoveller. ( Pete Lowman)
October 17 2006
- Walthamstow Res: Rock Pipit on Lockwood, Snipe, 2 Egyptian Geese Low Maynard weir (you know the ones...), 41 Teal, Com Sand, 12 Mipit, 7 Com Gulls (David Callahan).
- Tottenham Marshes: 100+ Redwings lots in the trees and one flock of 100 west plus 24 Jackdaws west (Peter Lambert).
- Horsenden Hill/Berkeley Fields, Greenford (Bill Haines) 08:00-10:30. c40 Song Thrush (+ c10 over W), 15+ Redwing (+ several more heard flying over), 25+ Blackbird, 2 Skylark (S), 2 Siskin (W), several Goldcrest, 1 Grey Wagtail, c25 Meadow Pipit over W & a flock of 67 Woodpigeon over W.
- Neasden Stn: 5 Redwings over at 07.30 (Andrew Self).
- St James's Park: 1 Meadow Pipit, 2 Pied Wagtails & 50 Woodpigeons over (Andrew Self) and 1pm 15 Redwing west, no Red-crested Pochards are they all at the Wetlands Centre? (David Darrell-Lambert); certainly not up the road at HP/KG (DMc).
- London Wetland Centre: Ring Ouzel in scrub between Dulverton Hide and Wetland Living plus 1+ Stonechat. Yesterday; 7 Red-crested Pochard Main Lake and Rock Pipit (DM).
- Wormwood Scrubs: 5 Redwings, 2 Skylark, c6 Siskin over, c25 Meadow Pipit, 6 Jackdaw over & c400 Woodpigeon (David Lindo).
- Streatham Common: 7 Redwings (Peter Newmark).
- Walthamstow Marshes: 2 Stonechats, 1 Lesser Redpoll, 1 Skylark, c35 Meadow Pipits, 2 Grey Wagtails, 17 Pied Wagtails, 4 Reed Buntings, c300 Starlings, 70 Woodpigeons, 1 Kestrel, 1 Little Grebe (Mark Pearson).
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: Little Grebe, escaped Black Swan, 2 Egyptian Goose, 3 Mandarin, 3 Shoveler, Common Gull, 14 Meadow Pipit (S), 3 Grey Wagtail, 12 Pied Wagtail, Goldcrest, 3 Linnet (W) (Des McKenzie).
- Regents Park: Song Thrush 74 W in two flocks(a park record), 6 Redwings, 6 Goldfinches, 30 Greenfinches, 1 Meadow Pipit, in the park 1 Chiffchaff, 14 Goldcrests and 14 Shovelers(Tony Duckett).
- Trent Park: 1 Stonechat ( f), 3 Goldfinch, Shoveller (m). ( Pete Lowman)
October 16 2006
- Isle of Dogs: Ring-billed Gull on Thames foreshore at the end of Glenaffric Avenue until 15.45hrs at least and also 8 Monk Parakeet at nearby Mudchute Farm (Nick Tanner per DMc).
- North Finchley: 18 Redwings flew north over Woodside Park LUL station at 8am this morning (Ian Ellis).
- Stoke Newington Reservoirs: vis mig - 81 Redwing (mainly n), 13 Meadow Pipits, 12 Jackdaws, 6 Linnets, 7 Skylarks, 3 Bramblings, 2 Redpolls, 40 Chaffinch, 5 Reed Buntings, 42 Greylag, 2 Common Gulls, 25 Greenfinch; also 9 Goldcrests. Many Redwings and some Song Thrushes over between 0100-0130. Also 7 Goldcrest & 3 Red Admirals, Abney Park Cemetery (Mark Pearson).
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: Little Grebe, 11 Cormorant, escaped Black Swan, 2 Egyptian Goose, 2 Mandarin, Shoveler, 4 Common Gull, 4 Meadow Pipit (S/W), Grey Wagtail, 11 Pied Wagtail, Ring Ouzel showing well in small maples and rowans just to the north of the Hudson Memorial enclosure to 08.30hrs at least (highly vocal), fem Blackcap, 6 Chaffinch (S/SW), 29 Greenfinch (on site), Goldfinch (W), Linnet (W) (Des McKenzie).
- QE2 Reservoir:Marsh Harrier imm/fem over heading SW being mobbed by Crows @12.45 plus 2 Clouded Yellow (Geoff Barter)
- Walthamstow Res: 7 Jackdaws south, 11 Wigeon, 6 Com Gulls, 3 Com Sands, Kingfisher (David Callahan).
- Regents Park: vis mig; 144 Redwings, 60 Starlings, 6 Pied Wagtails(Tony Duckett).
- Wormwood Scrubs: c12 Siskin over, 2 Redwing, 1 Snipe, 1 pair Stonechat & c20 Meadow Pipit (David Lindo & Roy Nuttall).
- Waterworks NR: 1 Green Sandpiper, 2 Snipe, 9 Redwing(N), 3 Jackdaw. (Gary A James).
- Trent Park Area:2 Stonechat,8 Redwing,10 Skylark, Grey Wagtail,Little Grebe( per Robert Callf).
- Trent Park: 2 Stonechat (1m,1f.),3 Meadow Pipit. ( Pete Lowman).
October 15 2006
- Harold's Park Farm, near Nazeing: 9 Yellowhammer, 8 Red-legged Partridge, 25 Skylark, 5 Meadow Pipit, Redpoll, 3 Common Buzzard. Epping Long Green: Coal Tit, Chiffchaff, Goldcrest, Bullfinch (Martin Shepherd).
- Richmond Park: 3 Egyptian Goose, 121 Gadwall, 164 Wigeon, 10 R-c Pochard, pr Stonechat, 22 Redwing over (Neil Anderson).
- Stoke Newington Reservoirs: Ring Ouzel (out of trees then NE), 6 Brambling, 13 Redpoll (e), 4 Redwing (e), 2 Skylark (sw), 35 Chaffinch (mainly w), 24 Song Thrush, 4 Redwing (e), 1 Swallow (s), 5 Greylag, 1 Wigeon; also large gull passage west - 250+ Black-headed, 1 Common, c25 Lesser BB, 10 Herring (Mark Pearson, Laurence Pitcher).
- Beddington SF: 19 White-fronted Geese came in from NW then flew E mid-morning (BFBG).
- London Wetland Centre: 2 Rock Pipits & 15 Bramblings over (Rupert Kaye per AS).
- Brent Res: 3 Skylarks over (Andrew Self & Roy Beddard).
- Wormwood Scrubs: 1 2nd-winter Mediterranean Gull on pitches with Black-heads & Common Gulls, 2 Peregrine, 1 Great Crested Grebe flew over, c2 Skylark, c20 Meadow Pipit & Jackdaws heard. Movement of gulls noticed from the SE involving c200 Black-headed, c20 Common, c25 Herring & c30 Lesser Black-backed gulls (David Lindo).
- East India Dock NR: 1 Yellow Legged Gull (ad), 1 Rock Pipit, 25 Greenfinch (Gary A James).
- Beckton Sewage Works: 9 Grey Wagtails, 183 Teal, Goldcrest and a Redwing over (Dave Morrison).
- Grange Waters Complex: 5 Redwing over, 80 Skylark, 6 Snipe, 97 Wigeon, 86 Gadwall, 169 Tufted Duck, 60 Stock Dove, 11 Corn Buntings, 14 Yellowhammers, 35 Red-legged Partridge, 2 Stonechat and 108 Lapwing (Dave Morrison).
- Alexandra Park: Skylark e, Redwing ne, 10+ Meadow pipits mostly se, 15+ Chaffinches, Kingfisher (Bob Watts, Andrew Gardener).
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: Yellow-legged Gull (ad) on Long Water off Peter Pan (Fraser Simpson).
- Sunny Hill Park: Nocturnal passage of Redwings, early evening (Fraser Simpson).
October 14 2006
- Rainham Marshes: 4 Common Scoter, 20 Skylark, 40 Meadow Pipit, 24 Chaffinch, 21 Reed Bunting, 38 Goldfinch, 2 Rock Pipit, 6 Grey Wagtails, Chiffchaff, 4 Kingfisher, Wheatear, m Peregrine, 8 Kestrel, 7000 Starling, ad Yellow-legged Gull, 6 Black-tailed Godwit, 4 Curlew, Grey Plover, Shelduck, 3 Pintail, 7 Stonechat (RSPB).
- Staines Reservoirs: 6 Black-necked Grebes on North Basin (Birdguides).
- Gutteridge Wood (North Hillingdon): Short-eared Owl at 10.30am (G. Westley per AS).
- Isle of Dogs: The regular ad Ring-billed Gull by the River Thames at the end of Glenaffric Avenue (TQ387785) to 13.50hrs at least (Nick Tanner per DMc).
- London Wetland Centre: Lapland Bunting south over; also 2 Woodlarks west and juvenile Marsh Harrier (Birdguides) plus Kingfisher and Stonechat (LWC Website).
- Leyton (08:00-09:20) Viz. Mig: 2 Meadow Pipits S, 14 (Green?)finches W, 42 Jackdaws E (less than 10 recorded in last 20 years, viz. migging really works!) Lots of Blackbirds around this morning, more than the local birds I think (Paul Whiteman).
- Brent Res: viz-mig - 3 Redwing, 2 Skylarks, 7 Jackdaws 90 Woodpigeon, 8 Mipits & 6 Linnets (Andrew Self & Andrew Verrall).
- Wormwood Scrubs: 1 Whinchat, 1 Stonechat & c15 Meadow Pipit (Roy Nuttall).
- Stockers Lake: Red-crested Pochard (Birdguides).
- Broadwater GP: Hawfinch (Birdguides).
- Trent Park Area: Stonechat, 2 Common Buzzard,Reed Bunting, 2 Yellowhammer ( per Robert Callf)
- Trent Park: 1 Stonechat (m), 4 Goldfinch. ( Pete Lowman)
- Alexandra Park: Skylark e, 3 Redwing ne, Ring-necked Parakeet, 2 Linnet ne, 2 Chiffchaffs, 8 Gadwall, 80+ Woodpigeon (Bob Watts, Gareth Richards).
October 13 2006
- Tottenham Marsh: (1315-1350) imm male Peregrine, fem Stonechat, Kingfisher, 2 Reed Buntings, Chiffchaff; also 6+ Red Admirals still (David Callahan).
- Stoke Newington reservoirs: littoralis -type Rock Pipit feeding down to 6m along wall of reservoir before leaving south, 0915; also 2 Egyptian geese (s at 0730), 1 Chiffchaff, 1 Blackcap, x Wigeon (heard in the fog...). vis mig: Redwing 2n, Song Thrush 17, Linnet 2s, Siskin 1e, Chaffinch 7, Meadow Pipit 21 (mainly n), Pied Wagtail 10, Grey Wagtail 2, Greenfinch 12, Woodpigeon 45 (Mark Pearson, Tony Butler)
- Kensington Gardens: Yellow-legged Gull (Birdguides) plus Common Snipe flushed off Buck Hill at 08.50hrs, 8 Meadow Pipit, fem Blackcap (Des McKenzie).
- Alexandra Park: 1 Stonechat in cricket scrub & 1 Yellow Wagtail on filter beds (John Murray).
- East India Dock Nr: 1 Peregrine, 13 Meadow Pipit, 3 Clouded Yellow, 1 Brimstone. (Gary A James).
- Regents Park: 1 juv Hobby 1.30pm flew S, 2 Redwings, 10 Song Thrushes, 4 Meadow Pipits, 6 Pied Wagtails, present in park; pr Eygptian Geese from at least 1.00pm, 1 Blackcap, 2 Chiffchaffs, 16 Goldgcrests(Tony Duckett).
October 12 2006
- Connaught Water: Hoopoe flew north east (Birdguides).
- Amwell GP: 17.35 - a large white falcon closely resembling a juvenile/1st winter white morph Gyrfalcon (Hertsbirders Yahoo Group).
- Walthamstow Marshes: 3 Stonechats, 2 Jackdaws, 3 Linnets, 40 Meadow Pipits (inc. 15 grounded), 50+ Red Admirals (mainly W/SW) (Mark Pearson).
- Walthamstow Res: North side - 2 Snipe, Jackdaw East, 2 Com Sands, 8 Mipits, 3 Chiffs, 2 Kingfishers, 31 Teal, 17+ Robins (David Callahan).
- Alexandra Park: Cricket Scrub - 2 Stonechat (Gareth Richards).
- Wormwood Scrubs: 2 Stonechat, c40 Meadow Pipit, 1 Skylark, 1-2 Grey Wagtail, 1 female Blackcap & c40 Red Admirals mainly heading SW (David Lindo & Roy Nuttall).
- Brent Reservoir: 4 Lapwing, 8 Jackdaw, 2 Skylark S, 2 Chiffchaff, 1 Snipe S + 8 Snipe in Eastern Marsh, many Red Admirals heading S/SW (Andrew Verrall & Roy Beddard).
- Bermondsey: Peregrine over, 20+ Meadow Pipits and many Red Admirals over mainly S/W (Dave Morrison).
- Regents Park: 1 Greenland Wheatear, 2 Chiffchafs, 25 Shovelers, 1 Pintail(duck), Visible migrants inc; 38 Redwings, 18 Song Thrushes, 9 Skylarks, 13 Meadow Pipits, 7 Pied Wagtails, 3 Grey Wagtails, 76 Starlings, 64 Chaffinches, 44 Green Finches, 16 Goldfinches, 1 Rook, 1 Collared Dove(Tony Duckett).
- Kings Cross Station: Grey wagtail flew in front of station and then SBound down Argyle St at 07:50 (Mike Goodall).
- Fairlop Waters: 4 Stonechats, 7 Redwings, male Blackcap, flock of 15 Jackdaws followed soon after by a flock of 21 birds, 3 Reed Buntings, 7 Great Crested Grebes on the main lake, female Sparrowhawk and a Kestrel (Brendan Spooner).
October 11 2006
- Chafford Hundred: 2 Redwing north and 3 Pied Wagtails (David Darrell-Lambert).
- Stoke Newington Reservoirs: 1 Rock Pipit (low in, then se 0750), 1 Lapwing (sw), 22 Meadow Pipits (mainly sw), 3 Yellow Wagtail, 2 Jackdaws, 3 Sand Martin, 4 Redwing, 3 Reed Bunting, 1 Reed Warbler, 9 Wigeon, many Redwings & also Song Thrushes over local area between 1200-0200 (Mark Pearson & Laurence Pitcher).
- Walthamstow Res: south side only - eclipse drake Pintail, 4 Com Sands, 14 Wigeon, 3 Lapwing, Chiffchaff, Kingfisher (David Callahan).
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: 4 Little Grebe, escaped Black Swan, 2 Ruddy Duck, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, 23 Meadow Pipit (mainly S/SW), 17 Pied Wagtail, 5 Song Thrush, 2 Chiffchaff, 6 Goldcrest, Treecreeper, 10+ Greenfinch, 25 Goldfinch (Des McKenzie, Chris Langsdon).
- Tottenham Marsh: 1730 - 10 Mistle Thrushes south (David Callahan).
- Leyton Flats: 1 Stonechat, 2 Lapwing (s), 2 Chiffchaff, 10 Meadow Pipit (Gary A James).
- Trent Park: 1 Stonechat (m), 3 Mandarin (m),6 Meadow Pipit, Goldfinch, Chiff Chaff. ( Pete Lowman)
- Wormwood Scrubs: 2 Swallow, 2 Stonechat, c2 Chiffchaff & C10 Meadow Pipit. (Roy Nuttall).
- Trent Park Area:1 Stonechat,3 Bullfinch,20 Goldfinch,2 Yellowhammer,2 Little Owl. ( per Robert Callf).
October 10 2006
- Walthamstow Marshes: 2 Stonechats, 1 Whinchat, 1 Skylark, 1 Yellow Wagtail, 3 Swallows, c20 House Martins, 15 Pied Wagtail, c30 Meadow Pipits; also Painted Lady and c15 Red Admirals, many Brown & Migrant Hawkers (Mark Pearson)
- Dagenham Chase: Arctic Tern still present on left side of Eastbrookend CP Pits (Birdguides).
- Walthamstow Res: 2 ad win Little Gulls over no4 0825-0845, when flew off SW; also Peregrine, 3 Chiffs (David Callahan).
- Wormwood Scrubs: Lark sp. flushed (07.50) with 2 Meadow Pipits from grassland. Small size immediately apparent as it flew high away. It then circuited the general area 3 times before heading east and doubled back flying fairly high towards me. I then lost it in the cloud. Noticed white outer tail feathers, but no white trailing edge on the secondaries. Bird slightly larger than nearby pipits but didn't call. Also 1 Reed Bunting, 2 Whinchat, 2 Stonechat c40 Meadow Pipit & c2 Chiffchaff. (David Lindo & Roy Nuttall).
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: Little Grebe, m Ruddy Duck, m Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Meadow Pipit, 11 Pied Wagtail, f Blackcap, 3 Goldcrest, Treecreeper, Jackdaw; plus Red Admiral (Des McKenzie).
- Hall Marsh Scrape : 30+ Wigeon .(Brendan Spooner)
- Trent Park: 2 Stonechat,2 Meadow Pipit,5 Mandarin (3m,2f), Water Rail. (Pete Lowman)
- Vauxhall Bridge: 5 Egyptian Geese at Millbank end of river at 9:00am (Peter Collins)
October 9 2006
- Totteridge Valley: 2 Redwings, 6 Swallows, 1 Reed Bunting, Meadow Pipits, Chiffchaff, 30+ Goldfinches, 2 Linnets; plus Painted Lady & Red Admiral (Ian Ellis).
- Paddington Green (vis-mig: 07.30hrs-09.00hrs): 5 Swallow, House Martin, 15 Meadow Pipit, 10 Goldfinch; plus Grey Wagtail and 5-6 Jay in the area (Des McKenzie).
- Wormwood Scrubs: 1 Tree Pipit over, c50 Meadow Pipit, 1 Whinchat, 2 Stonechat, 1 Skylark, 1 Redwing over, 1 Snipe flushed, 1 Stock Dove & 1 Jackdaw (David Lindo & Roy Nuttall).
- Stoke Newington East Reservoir: 4 Redwing (south), 3 Swallow (east) & 3 more over Brooke Rd, 1 Meadow Pipit, c15 Chaffinch (SW), 3 Reed Bunting dropped in then continued West, 1 Chiffchaff, c10 Pied Wagtail (mostly west), Siskin heard; also 1 Comma (Laurence Pitcher, Mark Pearson).
- Ingrebourne Valley: 2 Redwing, Golden Plover, 2 Bullfinch, 4 House Martin, 3 Chiffchaff, Blackcap, Green Sandpiper, Wigeon, Stonechat, 5 Yellowhammers and Kingfisher (Dave Morrison).
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: Little Grebe, 11 Great Crested Grebe, escaped Black Swan, 297 Greylag Goose, 2 Egyptian Goose (inc. pale-headed bird), m Ruddy Duck, ad Yellow-legged Gull, 4 Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 Meadow Pipit, 23 Pied Wagtail, Chiffchaff, 2 Goldcrest, Treecreeper; plus 2 Red Admiral (Des McKenzie).
- Regents Park: 12 Song Thrushes, 26 Swallows, 8 Meadow Pipits, 2 Grey Wagtails, 4 Pied Wagtails, 7 Goldfinches, 12 Shovelers, 1 Common Teal, 2 Gadwall(Tony Duckett).
- Trent Park Area: 2 Stonechat, 2 Common Buzzard, Grey Wagtail, 7 Red Admiral (per Robert Callf).
- Trent Park: Hobby, 6 Meadow Pipit, Grey Wagtail, c60 mixed flock of Swallow and House Martin (Pete Lowman).
- Fairlop Waters :3 Green Sandpipers (Brendan Spooner)
October 8 2006
- Holmethorpe: Wryneck briefly again at by the footpath between the industrial estate and the Moors at 07:15 (Birdguides)
- Staines Reservoir: 5 Black Necked Grebes on North Basin (Dave Jordan)
- Totteridge Valley: 2 Stonechats, 2 Swallows, House Martin, Skylark, Lapwing, 4 Chiffchaff, Blackcap, Linnet, Meadow Pipits. (Ian Ellis, John Colmans).
- Brent Res: viz-mig - 1 Brambling, 1 Swallow, 39 House Martins, 90 Meadow Pipits, 2 Grey Wagtails, 2 Pied Wagtails, 14 Jackdaws, 2 Siskins, 1 Redpoll sp, 8 Linnets & 47 Greenfinches (Brent Birders).
- Paddington Green (vis-mig: 10.00hrs-11.00hrs): 2 Sparrowhawk, Stock Dove, Collared Dove south 10.11hrs, 2 Grey Wagtail, 2 Mistle Thrush, Jackdaw north 10.30hrs, 23 Chaffinch, 6 Goldfinch (Des McKenzie).
- Wormwood Scrubs: 3 Swallow, 3 House Martin, c40 Meadow Pipit, c10 Chiffchaff, 1 Blackcap, c8 Pied Wagtail, 1 Grey Wagtail, 3 Collared Dove, 3 Jackdaw & 80+ Rose-ringed Parakeet (David Lindo).
- Dagenham Chase LNR: Ad winter Arctic Tern still on the 2nd pit on the left of the no thru road (R.B.A).
- London Wetland Centre: Viz Mig (0800-1130): 1 Brambling W, 1 Siskin S, 40 Chaffinch SW, 50 Greenfinch W + 48 on deck, 21 Goldfinch SW, 220 Linnet S, 74 Mipit S, 1 Rock Pipit SE, 2 Skylark W, 9 Reed Bunting SW/NW, 1 Yellowhammer W, 6 Collared Dove SW/NW, 10 Jackdaw NW, 31 Magpie NW, 35 alba Wags S, 2 Grey Wag SW, 18 Swallow S, 2 Sand Martin and 80 House Martin W, 4 Dunnock circling site high then SW, 15 Song Thrush and 35 Blackbird on the deck, 550 Starling W, 1 Lesser Whitethroat, 8 Chiffchaff, 4 Goldcrest, 4 Stonechat, 1 Hobby S, 3 Sparrowhawk, 2 Kestrel, 4 Water Rail (DM,RK).
- Rainham RSPB: 171 Wigeon, 79 Shoveler, 34 Meadow Pipits South, 2 Pintail, 7 Stonechat, Grey Wagtail, Kingfisher, 5 Curlew, 3 Redshank, Snipe, 3 Corn Buntings, Ring-necked Parakeet, Red-legged Partridge, 2 Swallows and a Chiffchaff (RSPB).
- Trent Park: 2 Stonechat, 5 meadow Pipit. ( Pete Lowman)
- Trent Park Area: Vicarage Farm: 3 Stonechat, 20 Linnet and good numbers of Swallow and House Martin. (per Robert Callf).
- Alexandra Park: 2 Ring-necked Paraketts, 7 Jackdaws (6 SW), 15 Mipits, 6 Gadwall, 4+ House Martins (Bob Watts, James).
- Uxbridge Rockingham Road: Sparrowhawk being chased away by 2 Pied wagtails (Mike Goodall)
October 7 2006
- Holmethorpe Sand Pit: Wryneck, also Slavonian Grebe (Birdguides)
- Stoke Newington Reservoirs: 1 Lesser Redpoll, 1 Wigeon, 16 Meadow Pipits over, 34 Sand Martin (SW at first light), 2 Reed Buntings (in from NE), 25 House Martin, 5 Greylag (+ c15 Red Admirals)- (Mark Pearson & Laurence Pitcher)
- Totteridge Valley: 1 Siskin over Woodside Park, 1-2 Kingfishers along Dollis Brook, 1 Woodcock over Totteridge LUL station at dusk (Ian Ellis, John Colmans).
- Camden: several Meadow Pipits over Camden Garden Centre around midday (Ian Ellis).
- Netherhall/Glen Faba (Lea Valley): 1 Kingfisher, 4 Skylark, 5 Meadow Pipit, c25 House Martin. Also up to 30 Red Admiral, 1 Painted Lady, & 4 hornets (spp unknown) mostly around sunlit ivy blossom (Nigel May).
- Leyton: A hunting Peregrine, probably m, over the house at 15:00 went west (Paul Whiteman).
- Brent Res: 5 Siskins over (Andrew Self).
- Dagenham Chase LNR: winter-adult Arctic Tern still; park in visitor centre car park and view 2nd pit on the left (Birdguides).
- South Norwood CP: Egyptian Goose (Birdguides).
- Stockers Lake: Red-crested Pochard (Birdguides).
- Trent Park Area: 2 Stonechat,4 Swallow,2 House Martin,2 Chiff Chaff. ( per Robert Callf).
- Trent Park: 1 Stonechat, 9 meadow Pipit. ( Pete Lowman, Robert Callf).
- Ingrebourne Valley: 40 Shoveler, 2 Chiffchaff, Goldcrest, 2 Grey Wagtails, 12 House Martin, 9 Wigeon, 5 Migrant Hawkers and a Comma (Dave Morrison).
- Rainham Tip: Chiffchaff, 3 Stonechat, 2 Swallow, 9 House Martins, 100 Linnet, Grey Wagtail, Kingfisher and many Red Admirals (Dave Morrison).
- London Wetland Centre: 4 Stonechat, c15 House Martins (Peter Newmark).
October 6 2006
- Hainault (N of Forest Road) - 1 Hobby flying low towards crematorium at c 16.20hr (Nigel May).
- Amwell: 3 Common Buzzard, c30 House Martins (Martin Shepherd).
- Leyton: 09:00 A flock of 45+ Cormorants flew N (often 1 or 2 sometimes a handful but previous largest flock 14, which was exceptional, so maybe these were storm driven migrants? A few House Martins trying to fly West through the day but actually ending up going East.(Paul Whiteman)
- Walthamstow Res: male Stonechat, eclipse drake Pintail, 12 House Martins south, 7 Wigeon, 3 Com Sands, 3 Chiffs, 1st win Com Gull, 18 Teal, 28 Shoveler, 2 CanadaxGreylag hybrids, 82 Great Crested Grebes with 4 late broods, c550 Cormorants, 3 Grey Wags (David Callahan).
- Stoke Newington (from garden): 1 Meadow Pipit & 1 House Martin over (Mark Pearson)
- Southwark:Approx 200 House Martins in seperate groups passed over Southwark between 10.25 and 10.40am,all going South.(Dave Morrison)
- Trent Park Area: 4 Stonechat, 20 Stock Dove, Grey Wagtail. ( per Robert Callf.)
- Trent Park: 1 Stonechat, 7 Meadow Pipit. ( Pete Lowman)
- Staines Res: 3 Black-necked Grebe also 50 House Martins (Ken Purdey).
October 5 2006
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: 78 Mute Swan, 6 Mandarin, m Shoveler, ad m Sparrowhawk, f/imm Kestrel, ad Yellow-legged Gull, 36 Ring-necked Parakeet, 2 Green Woodpecker, 3 Great Spotted Woodpecker, 8 House Martin, 15 Meadow Pipit, Grey Wagtail, 20 Pied Wagtail, 20 Mistle Thrush, 7 Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, c40 Long-tailed Tit, 2 Jackdaw, c15 Greenfinch (Des McKenzie).
- Regents Park: 1 Bullfinch at 12.40pm dropped down in heavy drizzle, 1 Redwing in Pine Tree at 9.20am, 28 Meadow Pipits, 18 Goldfinches, 2 Teal, 14 Shovelers, 2 Eygptian Geese(Tony Duckett).
- Trent Park Area:2 Stonechat,10 House martin,3 Swallow,Chiff Chaff. (per Robert Callf).
- Trent Park: 1 Stonechat (Pete Lowman).
- Island Barn Res: 110 House Martins, 4 Swallows, 1 Green Sand (Steve Spooner)
October 4 2006
- Dagenham Chase LNR: juvenile Arctic Tern, this afternoon; park in visitor centre car park and view 2nd pit on the left (Birdguides).
- Staines Reservoirs: 2 Black-necked Grebes on North Basin this morning (Birdguides).
- Tottenham Marsh: imm male Peregrine (prob. same as WRes), Chiffchaff (David Callahan).
- Leyton: Viz mig 08:00-09:00 2 Swallows, 1 Chiffchaff SW, 80+ Wood Pigeons E (inc. one flock of 50+), maybe local movement (Paul Whiteman).
- Wormwood Scrubs: c9 Stonechat in 1 loose roving flock, c15 Chiffchaff, 1 female Blackcap, c4 Swallow, c20 Meadow Pipit & 2 Jackdaw over (David Lindo).
- Lake Farm CP: 3 Stonechat, 2 Whinchat, 4 Chiffchaff, Goldcrest, 20 Meadow Pipit, 7 Chaffinches (Peter Naylor).
- Leyton Flats: 1 Stonechat, 5 Swallow, 4 Meadow Pipit, 1 Chiffchaff (Gary A James).
- Brent Reservoir: 2nd-winter Med. Gull, 4 H. Martins (Andrew Verrall); 1 Black-necked Grebe, H. Martins nest still occupied W. Hendon Broadway (Roy Beddard).
- Regents Park: 1 Ring Ouzel 7.50am appeared to drop in, Greenland Wheatear, 18 Linnets, 55 Goldfinches, 45 Meadow Pipits, 36 Swallows, 6 House Martins, 2 Common Gulls, 5 Jackdaws(Tony Duckett).
- Trent Park: Stonechat,Whinchat, 12 Meadow Pipits, 3 Chiff Chaff, 4 Mandarin, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker. (Pete Lowman).
October 3 2006
- Deptford: Hoopoe in Deptford Park area on Grinstead Road SE8, present since 1 October (per AS)
- Gunpowder Park, Sewardstone: 11 Red-legged Partridge, 2 Harris Hawks, 20 Swallows, 50 Skylark, 30 Meadow Pipit, 5 Reed Bunting, Clouded Yellow (Martin Shepherd).
- Leyton: Viz mig this morning just 2 Meadow Pipits, 3 Goldfiches and c10 Chaffinches. During the day quite a few medium/large Butterflies heading West, clearly migrating! (Paul Whiteman)
- Wormwood Scrubs: 4 Stonechat, c2 Chiffchaff, 1 Swallow & c20 Meadow Pipit. (David Lindo)
- Regents Park: 1 Golden Plover SE at 9.30am, 1 Stonechat(8th record in 28 years), 1 Greenland Wheatear, Common Buzzard 1 W at 1.10pm, Spotted Flycatcher, c25 Linnets, c80 Greenfinches, c18 Goldfinches, c50 Meadow Pipits, c25 Swallows, c12 House Martins, c4 Chiffchaffs, 5 Pied Wagtails,10 Jackdaws (Tony Duckett).
October 2 2006
- Orsett Fen: Osprey circling low over at 10:00 (Birdguides)
- Fairlop Waters: juvenile Arctic Tern still on the main lake this evening (Birdguides)
- Leyton: 08:00-09:00 Viz. Mig. 10 Meadow Pipits SW over the house. 16:30 1 Wader, almost certainly a Golden Plover, SW over the house. (Paul Whiteman)
- Stoke Newington (my garden...): 1 Chiffchaff, 4 Goldcrest, 1 Jackdaw over (all odd - is there more happening today?) (Mark Pearson)
- Trent Park Area:2 Whinchat,40 House Martin,8 Swallow, 2 Skylark. ( per Robert Callf)
- Wormwood Scrubs: 3 Stonechat & c10 Meadow Pipit. (Roy Nuttall)
- Lake Farm CP: 2 Whinchat, 1 Stonechat, 3 Chiffchaff plus all flying S (early am) - 74 Mipit, 34 Swallow, 42 House Martin, 1 Hobby,5 Skylark and 5 Chaffinch (Peter Naylor).
October 1 2006
- Minet CP: Wryneck still present; from Springfield Road car park follow footpath southwest to view buckthorn by oaks west of ditch c100yds south of pond (Birdguides)
- Brent Res: 14 Meadow Pipits, 5 Swallows & 2 House Martins over (Andrew Self).
- Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens: 15+ Goldcrest, 1 Willow Warbler, 3 Chiffchaff, 4 Meadow Pipit, 1 Grey Wagtail, 14 House Martin (Round Pond), c20 Ring-necked Parakeet, 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker, 1 Green Woodpecker, 1 Sparrowhawk, 2 Mandarin, 1 Ruddy Duck (Jonathan Dean) also; Yellow-legged Gull (Nick Tanner).
- Wormwood Scrubs: 21 Swallow, c45 Meadow Pipit, 1 Grey Wagtail, c6 Chiffchaff, c3 Sparrowhawk & c200 Starling (David Lindo).
- Trent Park Area: 3 Common Snipe, 3 Swallow, 3 Skylark, 2 Hobby, Common Buzzard,2 Whinchat,Blackcap, Chiffchaff. (per Robert Callf).
- London Wetland Centre: 1 Garganey, 10 Snipe, 1 Green Sandpiper, 1 Yellow-legged Gull, 7 Water Rail, 1 Peregrine, 3 Sparrowhawk, 4 Jackdaw, 1 Redstart, 24 Swallow (s), 27 mipit (s), 60 House Martin (w), 7 Blackcap, 43 Chiffchaff, 6 Reed Warbler, 1 Lesser Whitethroat, 1 Brambling (sw), 15 Song Thrush.
- Alexandra Park: 4 Swallows, 7 Meadow Pipits, 2 Jackdaws, 5+ Blackcaps, 3+ Chiffchaffs, 3 Shoveler (Bob Watts, Gareth Richards).